We are all looking forward to a GREAT season this summer!
In order to help make practices and meets run as smoothly as possible, the coaches have written some team expectations. It is the expectation of the coaches that the swimmer takes personal responsibility for following them. We are here to help, but we want to make sure that the swimmers show up ready to go so that we get the most out of our season! The main goal is to have fun! 🙂
Expectations for practice:
1. Arrive at least 10-15 minutes early to practice.
2. Be ready to get into the water at start time.
3. Make sure to have your practice suit, towel, cap, goggles, and a water bottle with you.
4. Bring a positive attitude to practice!
5. Practices on the day of meets are for a test run of all events that will be swum at the meet. This is very important to be able to allow swimmers to be comfortable with their events that day.
Expectations for meets:
1. Arrive 15 minutes before warm-up start time.
2. Make sure to have your TEAM suit, towel, cap, goggles, water bottles, and healthy snacks with you.
3. Swimmers must be aware of their events and heats. Be ready to go at the bull pen at least five heats before their event.
4. After each event, swimmers must find and talk to a coach about their event. Do not go back to the team area without doing that.
5. All team members must be cheering for all swimmers in the water. This is as much a team sport as it is an individual sport.
During home meets, we will be implementing the Buddy System. At the beginning of the season, each swimmer will be assigned a buddy for the summer. The goal of this program is for the older Buddy to help the younger Buddy learn the mechanics of a swim meet. The older Buddy will assist the younger Buddy get to their events on time and help answer any questions that they may have. This builds a deeper connection between swimmers of all ages and ability level to feel like they are all important members of the SAME team. This includes both Buddies bringing Buddy gifts to home meets, cheering on each other, and the older Buddy acting as a mentor to the younger Buddy.
Are you a local business or service looking to sponsor our swim team?
Get recognized in our community by appearing on our website and apps!
The Meadows Swim Club: 400 59th Street Lisle, IL 60532 | Mailing Address: P.O. Box 404 Lisle, IL 60532
The Meadows Swim and Tennis Club does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual preference or disability in membership, club sponsored activities or guests of members.